What information we collect
- We do collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- When you order from us, we ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and/or other information that’s necessary to process your order correctly. No financially sensitive data such as credit card number, valid date and CVV number is stored on our site. If you choose to do so, you can store your credit card number and valid date for future use on our secure payment gateway Stripe or Authorize.net.
- Like most websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “We use ‘cookies” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- We collect and store in server logs non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, IP address, operating system, the date and time of visits, the pages visited on the site, time spent viewing the site, and return visits to the site.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email and you will be unsubscribed from that moment on. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘priority access’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- We aggregate non-personally identifiable data using Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data to better understand our visitors demographic data such as age, gender and interests.
We do NOT use re-targeting
Re-targeting is a technology that allows companies to advertise their products to you on other platforms such as Google after you visit their website. We believe this is a severe breach of privacy and we do not engage in this practice, however lucrative it may be.
How we protect visitor information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information this is done on a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the chosen payment gateway’s databases for the purpose of that transaction only, and can therefore not be used on subsequent transactions.
We use “cookies”
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
We DO NOT disclose the information we collect to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Ergowear nor website hosting partners, payment processing partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How you can opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping, as required by law.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.